Ok it’s Halloween so we all know you’re going to have at least some Halloween candy! (Or steal some from your kids like me!)
So what’s the best option (going to do the least amount of damage) when it comes to your teeth?
- Chocolate— because chocolate melts so quickly it doesn’t cause as much harm as something that will stick to your teeth for a longer period of time.
- Sugar free candy— probably not going to find much of this on Halloween, but in general it’s better for obvious reasons!
- Candy with nuts—Similar to chocolate, plus the nuts are healthy!
What’s the worst candy?
- Sticky and gummy candy— gummy bears, caramels, taffy. These things stay in your teeth for a long time.
- Sour candy—these are very acidic which can break down enamel. Add the sticky with the sour and you’ve got the worst combo (of course these are my absolute fav 🙄).
- Hard candy— crunching down on hard candy like lollipops and jolly ranchers can break your teeth. Nevermind jaw breakers and things like that. Be careful with these!!!
Hope this helps you make some better choices tonight.
Happy Halloween everyone!!!